How to Choose a Retirement Community
Locally owned and operated
Phone: (308) 382.1657
404 Woodland Drive
Grand Island, NE 68801
Research and References
Choosing a retirement home for yourself or an elderly loved one in the Grand Island, NE area is never an easy job. It can be mentally and emotionally demanding to decide the time has come for yourself or a loved one to leave their home and move to a retirement community. But finding the right place, and knowing that you or your loved one will be well cared for and safe can ease the strain.
We offer this brief list of items to consider when making a decision about which retirement home or community to enter.
- Consider the different retirement living options in the area you are interested in and visit as many as you can. Tour the facilities so you can make an informed choice about which home, apartment or community would be the best fit for you or your loved one.
- Watch for things while you tour, not just what the staff tells you, but what you observe and the feeling you get.
- Pay attention to the residents and see if they appear to be active and happy.
- Check closely for cleanliness of the facility and the overall condition of the building and equipment.
- Consider choosing a facility that is close by to relatives and friends so people can visit often.
- Perhaps most importantly, speak with people you know in the retirement home or community you are considering. Ask for recommendations from people you trust.